Organic, fashion brand selling loungewear.
Naked Media was engaged to improve the social media advertising performance for an activist apparel brand that promotes plant-based lifestyle choices.
After introductory calls and meetings, the Naked Media team audited the client’s advertising account and immediately identified opportunities to increase the return on their advertising spend.
The team proposed a two-fold strategy that would optimise the client’s current campaigns alongside building and launching new campaigns to close the gaps identified in the sales funnel.
Key to increasing the client’s ROI was the need to increase their average order value (AOV). This formed a focal pillar of the new advertising campaigns.
The client also had aspirations to expand its international reach and sales, which required careful planning and testing to ensure the advertising investment that was committed to new markets provided a healthy revenue return and no budget was wasted.
Increased return on advertising spend (ROAS)
Increased revenue by
Using Naked Media’s bespoke Facebook Campaign Blueprint, the team set about building a go-to-market plan that would increase the client’s revenue by 60% in one month, and grow their return on their advertising investment by 88% in one month.
This case study is another example of the success that can be found in savvy segmentation and data, data, data!
Different parts of your sales funnel will deliver different returns but each one is important and deserves its own tailored treatment. Like all things, each element of the sales funnel is interconnected and part of a bigger web and ecosystem that’s reliant on careful nurture.
- We carefully tested expansion into international markets by building lookalike audiences in Facebook Ads Manager.
- We built lookalike audiences manually using Facebook’s custom audience functionality rather than using pixel data. This was successful in finding new audiences in new geographies.
- We considered how the target audience’s interests might change and vary across new geographies, and tested our theories to maximise our targeting.
- When we saw success, we built on this, adding new interests to our audience targeting and carefully testing their performance – ensuring no budget was wasted.
- We drove 3.25 x ROAS.
- We identified the audiences that were engaging with the client’s website and social media, and targeted them separately based on the content they were consuming.
- We tested new creative, utilising user generated content (UGC) to build carousel and slideshow ads, with the goal of increasing click performance.
- We drove 3.86 x ROAS.
- We set up dynamic product ads (DPAs) across all BOF campaigns for the client’s full product range.
- We launched a new ‘reach campaign’ to get the client’s products in front of the right prospects and buyers.
- We tested different creative types and isolated Instagram Stories.
- We worked to increase the client’s average order value by testing single product ads that introduced products more directly and more personally to the targeted prospects.
- We drove 3.49 x ROAS.
User generated content
If you’re selling products to consumers and you’re struggling to cut through or generate a profitable ROI, using influencer content as your Facebook advertising creative is a competitive tactic to drive consistent revenue for your brand. Typically speaking, having an influencer review your products gives you instant credibility and authority, peaking the interest of your customers and community. Access our free webinar on this hack.
Increasing your AOV is a huge part of increasing the overall health of your sales and the value that you see returned from your advertising investment. It’s about finding ways to encourage your prospects to purchase your higher value products and add that “other thing” they’ve been browsing to their cart (in turn, reducing their shipping fees and carbon footprint when compared to making multiple purchases). We found success by creating single product ads that introduced products more directly and more personally to different audiences across the sales funnel, marrying interests and browsing habits to products.